KIMA KilnCooler Water Based Kiln Cooling
Kiln cooling using water based KilnCooler
Control your kiln shell temperature with a water based kiln cooling system. Reliable and effective cooler for kiln shell.
Due to the increasing usage of secondary fuels, which are relatively in-homogeneous, there are more fluctuations in the burning process. This leads to increased burden for the refractory and the kiln shell hot-spots may occur. In order to reduce this burden, large cooling fans, which are blowing ambient air, are widely used.
Unfortunately, this type of cooling shows some dis-advantages:
- due to the low heat capacity of air, a huge throughput is needed
- the consumption of electrical energy is high
- the cooling cannot be targeted specifically to a hot-spot on a circumference
- fans emit a substantial amount of noise
To overcome these dis-advantages KilnCooler uses water-spray nozzles and precise dosing valves, which are controlled by an infrared temperature sensor. The water-spray of an individual nozzle is switched on only, while its infrared sensor detects a hot-spot.
Efficiency by Water Cooling
- efficient cooling
- flexible usage for hot-spots and complete kilns
- ready-to-use modules
- easy installation or relocation
- low noise emission
- controlled by a FUZZY-controller for targeted cooling on kiln’s circumference, i.e. only the hot-spot is cooled down, not necessarily the entire circumference
Cooling Down a Hot-spot
By application of KilnCooler, a hot-spot can be cooled down rapidly but carefully, avoiding any shrinkage of the kiln shell – cooling rate is up to 2 Kelvin per minute. After cool-down, the shell temperature is kept on its nominal value, thus eliminating mechanical tensions.