CEMAX SILOMANN™ Silo Optimization Solutions
Silo optimization solutions – PNEUMATIC
SILOMANN is able to provide silo optimization on pneumatic system to the storage silo with the following components:
- Air slide conveyor system
- High speed screw feeder
- Pneumatic conveyor pipeline system
- Flow control gate – The flow control gate is used wherever bulk solids have to be discharged from silo and bin, in a metered and controlled manner. Especially in the cement and building materials industry, flow control gates have been used successfully for many years for various applications as shutoff or dosing aggregate.
- Lump breaker – The main function is crushing of lumps which have formed, for instance, due to hydration in silo or bin. A horizontal or vertical type lump breaker is available and is used in the discharge area in front of the discharge equipment, for example flow control gates. A rotor with crushing arms in a radial arrangement and displaced on the shaft, draws the lumps against a grate where it crushes the lumps. The operational safety is ensured by an overload cut-out with reversing duty. This is realized by an integrated control board.
- Rotary feeder
- Two way gate – It is installed in aeroslide systems to guide and control the mass flow. The Two-Way Gate consists of a cylindrical housing. Sealing of one outlet each is carried out by an adjustable gate. By turning the drive shaft, the gate shifts from one material outlet to the other. A flexible sealing ensures that the outlet is sealed dust-tight. The drives can be pneumatic, motoric or manual and are designed with sufficient reserves so that even under aggravated conditions a safe operation is ensured. For cleaning of the Two-Way Gate and for inspection of the gate sealing, the housing is equipped with a large inspection cover. Replacement of the wear parts (aeration fabric and gate sealing) can take place while the Two-Way Gate remains installed by disassembling the top cover or the bottom. Lubrication of the bearings or the drive is not necessary. The end positions can be precisely adjusted and can be indicated by limit switches integrated in the drive.
- Two way valve – The Two-Way Valve is installed in pneumatic conveying pipelines for alternative feeding of two material conveying routes. The most striking feature of the two-way valve is its compact design. The drive is flanged directly to the shaft which allows for a most precise positioning of the valve disk. The Two-Way Valve is designed for non-explosive and explosive bulk materials.
- Multi flow elements – Distributor, Diverter, Gravity Separator, Rotary Gate, Splitter.
Silo optimization solutions – BULK LOADING
SILOMANN is able to provide silo optimization to the bulk loading system with the following components:
- Mobile loading system – The Mobile Loader is a mobile fluidized conveying system for dustfree loading of vehicles with powdered bulk materials. The chute of the loader is equipped either with double bellows or for highly abrasive materials with steel cones and connects the silo discharge system and the vehicle in such a way as to preserve a totally closed conveying system. The bellows-type loading spout accommodates for the different heights of the vehicles and for the varying diameter of the inlet sockets on the vehicles. All of the necessary controls for conveying flow readings and shut off times are included with the loading equipment.
- Stationary loading device – The Double Bellows Chute spout is available as single aggregate fit for all dust free loading purposes. The chute is equipped either with wear resistant lining or – for highly abrasive materials – with steel cones and connects the silo discharge system and the vehicle in such a way as to preserve a totally closed conveying system. The bellows-type loading spout accommodates for the different heights of the vehicles and for the varying diameters of the inlet sockets on the vehicles. All of the necessary controls for conveying flow readings and shut-off times are included in the loading equipment.
Silo optimization solutions – SILO MODIFICATION
SILOMANN is able to provide silo optimization to the silo modification with the following components:
- Conventional cone – The conventional cone silo is a silo type for fluidizable mineral bulk materials, which is, in general, designed for silo diameters of 6 to 14 m. Standard aeration bottoms 3,5m, 5,5m and 7,5m are available. The standard design is suitable for the storage of easy flowing bulk materials, like cement or raw meal; and hardly flowing bulk materials like fly ash. Other bulk materials, like gypsum, quick lime, lime hydrate and others, can also be stored in this silo.
- Silo aeration modification – Conversion SET for silos with mechanical air distribution systems. Old silos of former construction types have been equipped with an air distributing system with motorized rotating distributor. Modern silo aeration bottoms are equipped with air distribution systems controlled by electro-pneumatically actuated intermediate flaps with position indication.
- Silo air flow controller (AFC) – Reduction of pulsating material discharge. For all silos, which do not have an expansion chamber technology, it comes with high filling conditions to the problem that aeration air cannot escape by the material column. The consequence is a to high fluidization of the material and fluctuating pressure conditions at the outlet. This leads frequently to a pulsating material discharge. The new AFC represents for this the suitable system, in order to reduce the material fluctuations. In combination with a flow control gate with controlled function this system can be integrated optimally into existing plants. The AFC consists of 3 main components: (1) Adjustable blow-off flap; (2) Electronic push button switch; (3) Controller.