[FREE webinar] Five ways that helped millions on fuel saving everyday
Fuel saving best practices
Looking for a fuel saving car?
Keeping your Petrol at optimum consumption level is much better for your pocket and also for our environment.
Little things which we can take note on a regular basis.
- Find experienced mechanic to be in safe hands to handle your car.
- Find workshop with the latest service bay tools and technology.
- Keep good shape with regular tune up and check the on-board computer.
- Check air-condition, spark plug, timing belt, hose and filter.
- Inspect air filter more frequently if drove on dirty roads or lot of stop-and-go driving.
- Use car manufacturer’s recommended engine oil.
3. Gas station
- Fill up with your vehicle’s recommended fuel type.
- Top-up fuel tank with needed fuel only to avoid having a full tank on excess weight.
- Inflate tyres to the correct pressure.
- Use fuel additive for petrol engine.
4. Driving habits
- Drive on freeway at 80-90km/h.
- Apply accelerator and brake moderately.
- Drive manual car on the lowest RPM gear.
- Do not coast or roll downhill out of gear.
- Use engine stop-start or put on neutral gear instead of keeping foot on the clutch when stop at traffic lights.
- Avoid idling. Turn off engine if not moving as warm-up is not necessary for fuel-injected cars.
5. Good practices
- Plan ahead to avoid rush hour.
- Remove excess weight (especially on smaller or lighter cars) such as roof rack, sports equipment, toys, rubbish.
- Open windows at low speeds, and turn on air-condition on the motorway.
- Take advantage of vouchers and cashback credit cards.
- Note down your fuel consumption.